Looking for a brand new skid steer loader, or maybe just one to rent? There are a whole lot of options out there, which can make your search a little overwhelming, especially if you are relatively unfamiliar with this type of machinery.
However, there are some considerations you should keep in mind when researching skid steer rental in Abilene, TX. Here are some tips to help you select the right option for your needs:
- The size of the machine: If the skid steer loader is too big for the area you’re working in, your productivity is likely to suffer. Of course, you want to make sure it’s big enough for the work you need to get done—smaller machines often (but not always) have less horsepower and will not be able to lift as high. You must also consider the vehicle’s turning radius and dimensions, especially if you are working in a compact area. The size of the machine you need, therefore, will be largely based on the size of the area in which you’re working and what exactly you plan on accomplishing with it.
- The horsepower you need: Horsepower is one of the biggest considerations to keep in mind when looking at skid steer loaders. No longer is it the case where smaller machines automatically have significantly less horsepower—you should be able to find a good combination of size and horsepower that will fit your needs.
- The amount of torque you need: Torque is often even more important than horsepower when it comes to achieving your desired tasks. While horsepower can determine the efficiency with which you complete those tasks, torque affects your ability to actually get that job done. A high-torque machine will allow you to run your engine at a lower speed, getting better fuel efficiency as a result.
- The need for extra attachments: Will you be using any extra attachments with your skid steer loader? The types of attachments you decide to use will have an impact on the size and power of skid steer you need. Therefore, if you know the attachments you plan to use, make sure you factor that into your skid steer choice. Not only should you be sure these attachments will actually work on your selected machine, but you should be sure the machine is capable of handling those attachments from an efficiency perspective as well.
- The type of skid steer: Will you need a vertical or radial lift skid steer? If most of your jobs will be above eye level, a vertical lift machine is probably the best way to go, as they’re able to lift heavier loads. However, if most of your work will involve digging or will be at lower levels, radial lifts will be your ideal option.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when seeking skid steer rental in Abilene, TX. Contact V-Bar Equipment Company today to learn more about the machinery we have and the services we can offer.
Categorised in: Skid Steer Rental
This post was written by Writer