Tips for Inspecting a Skid SteerSeptember 8, 2017 11:08 pm Leave your thoughts
Skid steer loaders are compact, versatile and easy-to-use tools that can be applied to a wide range of construction and demolition projects. Regardless of what you are building or moving, chances are, a skid steer loader will come in handy! Purchasing a used loader that has been kept in proper condition, however, requires a sharp eye and a large amount of expert knowledge. A used forklift dealer in Abilene, TX can help you obtain a skid steer that will be able to serve you for years to come!
If you are visiting a used forklift dealer in Abilene, TX to purchase a new skid steer loader, there are several things that you should inspect prior to sealing the deal. Here are just some of the things to look out for when selecting a used loader:
- Check the loading mechanisms: The first thing that you should examine on your prospective purchase is the condition of the loading mechanism itself. Check to see the condition of the bucket, and move up to examine the hydraulics that control it. Any weld beads or other signs of repair to the lift system might be a red flag.
- Observe the condition of the cab: The canopy covering the cabs of most skid steer loaders actually serves as an important safety measure. The cab’s roll-over protection structure (ROPS) should be examined for any potential damages or repairs. It’s extremely important to have an ROPS that is fully functioning!
- Take it for a spin: The general operation of the skid steer loader should be smooth and relatively quiet. Don’t be afraid to take your prospective purchase for a spin, and make sure that you get the chance to really flex its muscles! The loading mechanism should be able to freely ascend and descend several times during your test operation.
- Examine the engine and hydraulics: After you’ve test-driven the skid steer loader is the best time to have a look at its engine. Any substantial leaks or condensation issues will be exposed by a few minutes of operation. Ask the attendants at the used forklift dealer in Abilene, TX to assist you with accessing the engine.
- Have a look at the wheels and tires: The tires on a used skid steer lift should be in excellent condition if you are considering purchasing the machine. Excessive wear and tear on the tires and wheels should at least indicate a substantial reduction in price. Additionally, inspecting the tires is an opportunity to check for oil or fluid leaks.
Purchasing a used skid steer is an excellent way to ensure that your projects are completed on time and on budget. This excellent tool is useful for a myriad of purposes!
V-Bar Equipment Company offers high-quality skid steer sales, rentals and services to communities in and around Central Texas. Our expert team has more than two decades of experience operating as a used forklift dealer in Abilene, TX. If you are looking for assistance inspecting your skid steer loader, reach out to one of our friendly and professional representatives today to learn more about our comprehensive service offerings.
Categorised in: Forklift Dealer
This post was written by Writer