Preparing Food Plots and Hunting Grounds with CID Skid Steer Attachments in Abilene, TXAugust 30, 2017 2:03 am Leave your thoughts
A food plot is a piece of land that is specifically cultivated, planted and managed to attract wildlife. While these food plots can be created for any type of wildlife, many hunters choose to create food plots in order to attract deer during hunting season. The food plot will generally have plants like clover, alfalfa, grains or wildflowers that bring wildlife in. These food plots can be beneficial for the environment because they increase the carrying capacity of an ecosystem to accommodate a larger population of a given species. Here’s a closer look at how to plant a food plot:
- Pick your location: The first step in planting your food plot is finding the right spot. Finding an area that gets plenty of sunlight will help your crop reach its maximum growth potential. Avoid planting under tree cover, and instead find a clearing that gets as many hours of sunlight as possible.
- Size your plot: The size of your plot largely depends on the equipment that you have at your disposal. If you are working with handheld tools, you can plan on having a relatively small plot. If, however, you have access to equipment with CID skid steer attachments in Abilene, TX, you will likely have a little more leeway. Equipment attachments make it easy for you to clear land quickly, efficiently and evenly.
- Test your soil: Before you will be able to plant anything, you have to find out more about the condition and composition of your soil. Test different areas on your plot to give you an overall profile of your soil. Once you have your test results, you can determine what type of fertilization or supplements you will need for a successful crop.
- Clear your plot: Using CID skid steer attachments in Abilene, TX allows you to clear your plot and prepare it to be planted. Flat terrain makes it much easier for you to plant your crop and will be easier for deer to access.
- Plant on the land: Finally, it’s time to plant your crop. There are a variety of different options for the seeds that you can plant, but at the end of the day, as long as your crop has a relatively high yield and it’s something that deer enjoy eating, you really can’t go wrong. That being said, there are some seeds that may work better for your particular plot, so make sure you do your research before putting anything into the ground.
Seek high quality CID skid steer attachments in Abilene, TX
Start a food plot of your very own this season with help from CID skid steer attachments in Abilene, TX from V-Bar Equipment Company. We are a company that specializes in selling and servicing lifts, renting heavy equipment and selling products, including skid steer and compact tractor attachments. We have been serving the Abilene area for decades and we are committed to providing our customers with only the very best. Stop by or give us a call today to find out more about what we can do for you.
Categorised in: CID Skid Steer Attachments
This post was written by Writer